Welcome to our home education blog.

We, as a family, are continuing to define what home-school looks like in our home. Now in the 4th season of our journey, I see more changes on the horizon. 
The key, I think, is to believe in what we are doing, to re-define it continuously for ourselves, being open to the evolution of learning. To always explore. 
This blog is about that exploration. 

Friday, September 11, 2009

Exploring has taken us into new territory.

My two oldest children started public school this week. 
While we get things in order; financial things, moving things, emotional things, mental health things, stressful things. I was finding too much going on and that I was easily overwhelmed and dysfunctional when it came to school. Unmotivated to motivate. I need a "pick up the pieces" break. Mike and I are at peace with our decision to enroll the boys in the local community learning facility... They are blessed to be in the same class and have a really nice teacher-this based on two days observation... but I am trusting my gut instincts, which is what it's all about.

As my friend Audrey said, "It's for the greater good." 

As my sister-in-law, Cindy says  "Even if it is a bad experience (public school) it will be a good experience." 

We learn where ever we are, after all. We will not stop learning from home during this deviance from our ideal world, into the "real" world, as some may have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment